Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week: 6 (June 13th)



 I can't believe it's the last week before transfers!!! I have one more transfer with my companion more than likely and then she'll probably leave. But I kind of hoping that one of us gets transferred this time because she's really nice and I've learned a lot from her, but it's been really hard on me working with her because she's really trunky, and she still has a year left, trunky means that she talks about home all of the time and she's emotionally ready to leave now but she's only staying so she doesn't have to say that she never finished. But she's really nice and really good at working with the members and she's really good at explaining things without making it complicated, but from time to time I do get homesick. We're almost done teaching Mariela and we have an appointment with her tomorrow to teach her the Word of Wisdom. She is so ready!!!! She pays her tithing and we haven't even taught her the tithing lesson yet!!!! Spanish is coming much easier and as I open myself up I begin to understand and love more readily. We're going to be doing exchanges tomorrow which I'm really excited about. My companion is going to be going to Jacinto City and I'll be here with Hermana Keele who's in Pasadena and Hermana Corbridge who's in Jacinto City will be coming here.  I think it's going to be fun!! Hermana Keele is really awesome and bold and this is probably the only chance I'm going to have to work with her because she only has one transfer left before she leaves.
 The weather is warm and I'm drinking much more water so the headaches are going away, I have sunglasses that are big enough to go over my regular glasses when I ride my bike. Lately I've heard all of these horror stories about bikes getting stolen and mine is really pretty so I bought a u lock which you can't just cut with a pair of wire cutters, it's heavy in the backpack, but it makes me feel safer when I lock up my bike especially when there are a lot of people around. It still hasn't rained for more than five minutes since I got here which is really unusual for the area but it's still super humid. Please pray for some rain to cool it down here a little bit. 
 We had a zone conference this past Friday with President and Sister Moldenhauer. It's really sad that they're leaving soon! I'm going to miss them. They hugged each of the missionaries at the end. So, before I got here I didn't realize that hispanic people hug and kiss when they say hello and goodbye to pretty much everyone, it was definitely weird at first but I'm getting used to it. People tell me that I'm going to come here as Hermana Arianne Dilzer but I'm going to come home as Maria Lupita Lopez, I guess it shows their faith and love for me.
 The ward is really amazing, I just want to get them fired up for missionary work. Some of them already are, it's just getting the rest to get on board with them. Hermano Palacios, the ward mission leader, is setting up a big fourth of July party for the missionaries and their investigators, it's going to be fun. 
We're going knocking again with Hermana Flores this saturday, which I'm really pumped for because she loves to go knocking!!!! Personally I'd rather give lessons than go knocking, but I think most missionaries feel that way. If you ever think of anyone you know who needs the gospel in their lives and might possibly accept it give the name to the missionaries. Referrals are so much help!!!! Anyway I'm really excited and can't wait to hear form you!!! Tell me everything. I love you, and it's hard but this work is AMAZING!!!!

Love Arianne 



No comments:

Post a Comment