Friday, June 3, 2011

week 3

So this week has been great this week!!! I still don't understand the spanish people are speaking here but that will come in time. The weather is ridiculously warm here and I've been sick from the heat. But it's all good because it's all in the Lord's work!
 We have an awesome investigator and I thought we would have to drop him because he didn't want to do any of the work (pray & read the Book of Mormon). So we kind of had to kick his butt into gear. We said if he didn't do the work he wouldn't know whether it was true or not and it was up to him to find out, so he started to do his part!!! And he's gaining his own testimony!! 
 We met a new family this week, we went knocking and my companion wanted to go to a certain street but as we were riding along I was like this is not a Spanish neighborhood, why are we going here, so we get to the end of the street and we find this one rundown house. So my companion was like let's start here and we rode up the driveway and found a family of eight people. A woman Eva, and her brother and all of their children and they were just sitting around talking. They let us in the yard and we talked for over an hour it was amazing. She wanted us to go visit her daughter in jail because we are Americans but unfortunately the jail is not only outside my area but outside of the mission, so we had to tell her we couldn't go. They then told us that they received 10 tickets from the city about things they needed to clean up in their yard because the neighbors complained. So today we had a service project with the Elders in our district. We cleaned the yard and made the outside look nicer. They are an awesome family and they're coming to activities tomorrow night at church and they're coming  on Sunday too!!!
 I miss you all and think about you tons. I can't wait to see you all again, but I love the work. Ooh, I learned a new skill, it's big among the Polynesians in the states for graduations and birthdays and baptisms they make candy leas and you wrap individual candies in cellophane and then you sew it them together and they look like leas. One of the youth in the ward is graduating this week and we were invited to his graduation so I made him one and so did my companion. They look awesome!!! Not much else. Keep me updated! I love you all!!!
Love, Hermana Dilzer



No comments:

Post a Comment