Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week 4 & 5 (June 6 )

Week: 4


So this week is really good!!!! I got a letter from Megan Lewis and that was really awesome and we had new missionary training.  So we get a new mission president in a couple of weeks he seems nice enough and he comes in of June 29. We're working with an awesome new investigator she's been dating a member of the ward for several years and going to their family home evenings and she wants to marry him and she had a dream that they were being taken to heaven as a family but she was left behind because she wasn't a member so she's agreed to visit with us and she's so amazing, you can just tell that she's ready. The weather is really hot and humid and I sweat like crazy. If I keep hydrated and everything will be alright. Still no tolerance for spices, but I'm working on it.  My companion and I are good and all is well. Transfers are coming up in two weeks and we think we might be getting two new spanish sisters but all of the spanish sisters right now are either in training or being trained, so who knows what's going to happen. Everything's kind of up in the air. 



Week: 5

Things are really good here. I'm really starting to like the ward though I would be lying if I didn't say that I think the Lord sent me here to humble me. I've been really happy, and most of our investigators are really progressing, but apparently they run at the mention of baptism, so I just have to go slow, but the girlfriend of the member Mariela is amazing!!!!! She's really really nice, and you can just tell that she's ready, we finished the first lesson and she has so many questions and I'm just excited. The ward doesn't have a pianist, and in relief society they practice the sacrament hymns because 90 percent of the ward is made of recent converts, so the relief society presidency is having me lead all of the music in relief society because I'm the only one that  that knows the hymns well enough. The spanish is slow but the members say I'm doing a lot better. They randomly come up to me and tell me how much better my spanish is getting which is a great confidence booster. So is Richelle getting back from Arizona soon? I imagine she would be. 
 I love you all tons and I love the work, and although it's really hard I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!

Hermana Dilzer

Mission home address:

2815 W. Lake Houston Pkwy
Kingwood, TX 77339



No comments:

Post a Comment